Sharing our Home with “Settlers”
Nahida Izzat, Exiled Palestinian
Muna and Muhammed are 12-year-old twins living in Sheikh Jarrah, East Jerusalem. Settlers have taken over the front of
their home, but the Palestinian family continue to live in the rest of the house.
Like most dispossessed Palestinians, revolutionary Arabs, vilified Muslims, and decent human beings, I believe:
● No decent human-being would demand to live on STOLEN land and STOLEN homes and still claim to have a fiber of morality.
● No decent human-being could claim that the perpetrator should have the same rights as the victim while claiming to be a humanist.
● Palestinians are under no obligation to hold back their march for freedom, to curtail their aims or to smother their rights for the sake of accommodating and not offending their Jewish supporters.
● Palestinians are always grateful and appreciative of the hard work and dedication of all their supporters whomever they are, however, Palestinians have NO obligation to adopt the aims and objectives of the anti-zionist Jewish supporters instead of their own.
● Dismissing the Palestinian voice as radical, reactionary, intolerant, or unreasonable, and requiring instead the Jewish-anti-zionist stamp of approval to have legitimacy to speak for Palestine, is preposterous and contradicts basic concepts of human rights and does not do justice to Palestinians.